Varicose veins are a disease of a modern urban person. Almost one in two inhabitants of our planet faces this problem and most women suffer from varicose veins. If you don't put off treating varicose veins, you can always say "Bye! " Horrible asterisks, bruises and seals on your legs. In addition, it should be remembered that varicose veins are not only a cosmetic defect, but also a violation of blood circulation, which makes them a great threat to health.
Methods of disease prevention
Any doctor will tell you that it is better to prevent the onset of the disease than to cure it later. If you follow simple, but effective preventive rules, varicose veins will not be scary.
- An active lifestyle is the most important thing. Stagnation of blood in the extremities is due to a sedentary lifestyle. If a person spends all day in the office or driving a car, several times a day, it is necessary to take a 15-minute break to recharge.
- Weight control - being overweight is often the cause of spider veins and varicose veins on the legs. And this is understandable. After all, the whole load falls on the legs.
- In order not to know anything about varicose veins and the removal of veins, you should avoid constant heavy physical labor and static loads (varicose veins are a disease of saleswomen and hairdressers who stand on their feet all day).
- The right shoes. Constantly wearing high heels (more than 6 cm) leads to problems with the blood vessels on the legs. Leave the studs for a short term appearance. For working days it is better to choose comfortable and correct shoes.
- Monitoring the use of hormonal contraceptives. Lack of such control often leads to blood circulation and vessel problems.
Conservative treatment of varicose veins
- Take medication for phlebotonics.
The course usually takes a long time, sometimes 2-3 months. The doctor may prescribe several courses intermittently per year. Medicines not only help restore already diseased vessels, but also prevent damage to others.
- Compression hosiery is an integral part of the treatment of varicose veins, even after venous removal surgery.
Some patients prefer elastic bandages to specialized underwear, but they must learn how to manage them. Incorrect overlap can lead to disruption of the processing process. Only a doctor chooses compression stockings. This is because tights, knee highs and stockings have different compression classes. For example, the 1st class is worn for prevention, the 2nd - with visible symptoms, the 3rd - with a complicated course of the disease. It should be remembered that venous surgery does not exclude the wearing of specialized swimsuits.
Treatment methods and venous surgery
If preventive measures do not help, and varicose veins nevertheless appeared, and with them pain, discomfort and cosmetic defects, one can not do without consulting a phlebologist. After careful examination and discussion, the doctor will choose one of the treatment methods that is suitable for the situation.
- A conservative method involving the use of compression stockings, ointments, gels and preparations, as well as special exercises.
This type of treatment is applicable at the initial stages of the development of the disease for pregnant women and for people for whom surgery of the veins, that is, veins, is contraindicated for health reasons.
- The second most traumatic method is sclerotherapy.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. The doctor injects the patient with a thin needle into the affected vein with a sclerosant, a specialized drug that "sticks" to its walls. So the diseased vein simply stops functioning and the blood follows a different path. Several of these injections are performed by the doctor, sometimes under the supervision of an ultrasound machine.
- Laser coagulation is not an operation on the veins, but belongs to the section of in-office surgery, that is, all procedures are performed in a doctor's office, on an outpatient basis.
In fact, it is similar to the previous method, but it is of course carried out using a laser. This option is suitable for the treatment of large vessels. The whole procedure takes a little time (about 40 minutes) and is done under local anesthesia. The doctor inserts an LED into the affected vessel and uses a laser to work on the vein. The procedure is also performed under the supervision of an ultrasound. In subsequent receptions, it is possible to use a sclerosant. After laser coagulation, it is also necessary to wear compression stockings.
- Venectomy is a real operation that involves removing the veins affected by the disease.
This method radically solves the problem. Due to the fact that medicine has taken a step forward and more and more often it does not come to venectomy, doctors resort to this method less and less. The main indications for surgery are: extensive vascular lesions, trophic ulcers, as well as severe edema and thrombophlebitis. The venectomy being a true venous operation, it is carried out exclusively in a hospital environment.
In addition, after discharge, it is necessary to wear compression stockings for a long time, sometimes for several years. Don't worry about removing the veins. After all, varicose veins are mainly sensitive to the subcutaneous vessels, and through them blood flow is poor (only 10%).
How is the veins eliminated?
In fact, the operation is not as scary as it sounds. The task of the angiosurgeon is to remove the affected saphenous veins (large and small) and block blood flow in the communicating vessels. You can achieve the desired goal by different methods (Bebkokka, Narata). Only the attending physician decides on the method of the operation, depending on the severity of the course of the disease. There is no significant blood loss during this procedure, as all the main blood circulates through the veins located deep within the human body.
The procedure of treating varicose veins with an operative method takes no more than two hours.
Alternative treatment for varicose veins
Hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches) has long been used in medical practice in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition, it should be noted that this is a very effective method.
The most important and useful in this procedure is the saliva of the leeches, or rather the hirudin in it. This substance contributes to the fact that venous blood quickly stops clotting in the affected areas and therefore it does not accumulate and form blood clots. The blood thins.
With a properly performed procedure, you can get rid of varicose veins, leg pain, edema and visible cosmetic blemishes. Of course, in advanced cases leeches are unlikely to help, here only the removal of the veins is relevant. But in the early stages, hirudotherapy is an issue.
This unusual method of treating varicose veins has a number of contraindications: anemia, hypotension, hemophilia. Pregnant women should also not resort to leeches for help.
Take care of your health. Do not trigger the disease! And if it happens that the operation on the veins is shown to you, then you should not be afraid of it, because modern methods and techniques of surgical intervention have come a long way, and you can quickly return to your usual rhythm of life.